The Greater Hansville Community Center (GHCC), located on Buck Lake County Park property at 6778 Buck Lake Road in Hansville, Washington, is available for rent by GHCC members and member organizations, residents of the Greater Hansville area, non-resident individuals and other organizations. Interested individuals should call the rental coordinator, at (360) 638-1143 to check on the availability of the facility or to schedule a tour. You may also send email to inquire about rental of GHCC by clicking this link.
The West Room of GHCC is a large 40’ x 40’ meeting space, which will comfortably seat 150 people with no tables setup. There are also 10 – 8′ tables, 20 – 6’ tables, 12- 3’ card tables, and sufficient chairs for situations where seating at tables is needed. Coffee making appliances are available for use. The East Room, a smaller meeting room for groups up to 30 people, is also available.
Certain dates including but not limited to July 2-4 and August 1-16, 2018 are unavailable as rental days due to scheduled GHCC events and activities. Please refer to our Rental and Events Calendar for room availability.
Rental of the Buck Lake Park Picnic Shelter is arranged through Kitsap County Parks Department, (360) 337-5350.
- The renter must obtain event liability coverage prior to the event. Written proof of coverage, naming GHCC as an additional insured, must be provided to the rental coordinator and included with the rental application in order for the application to be complete. Coverage may be available from the renter’s home owner’s insurance carrier or purchased from an on-line event insurance provider.
- Please confirm the facility’s availability for your event with the rental coordinator before publicly announcing your event dates.
- Greater Hansville Area 501(c) (3) non-profit member organizations may use the East room for up to 4 hours once a month without charge.
- A refundable damage deposit of $200 is required for all rental events that use any part of the facility. The deposit must be included with the rental application. The deposit will be refunded if the building has been left in its original state and the keys are returned. Your reservation is not complete until the rental fee and the damage deposit are paid and proof of liability coverage naming GHCC as an additional insured is received.
- The damage deposit may not cover repair or replacement costs. The renter is responsible for replacement and/or repair of all damages to the facility and equipment.
- If alcohol is to be served, a copy of the liquor permit application must be included with the rental application.
- Before the event, arrangements will be made for you to pick up the keys. If you have questions, you may send an email to: email@example.com.
- If there is an emergency during the event concerning the facility call Cameron Clark at 360-296-8829, Chuck Strahm at 949-338-8423 or Christy Mackey at 360-881-0474. These numbers are only for true building emergencies. All other calls must be directed to the rental coordinator at 360-638-1143. If there is a fire or medical emergency, call 911.
- All checks should be made payable to: Greater Hansville Community Center.
Rental Rules and Responsibilities:
- Leave the building in the state it was found. Delayed cleanup will be accepted ONLY with prior written approval from the rental coordinator on a case by case basis and is subject to an additional half day rental charge. A $30.00 per hour cleaning fee will be deducted from the damage deposit if building is found in unsatisfactory condition.
- Empty all garbage in garbage cans, using the bags provided. Be sure to remove any empty cardboard boxes and food containers placing everything in the garbage and recycling containers in the parking lot.
- NO Smoking or Vaping is allowed in the building or within 25’ of the doors by state law.
- NO Candles or other flame producing devices are allowed. They are against Kitsap County fire codes and must not be used
- Only propane barbeques are permitted within the designated BBQ area.
- Use only 3M brand removable tape for applying decorations (no pins, tacks, nails or “easy remove” hooks). Do not apply tape to plastic surfaces. The hooks provided above each window and on the bottom of each conduit clamp may be used. Do not hang anything from the ceiling or the ceiling lights.
- Pets or other animals are not allowed in the building. Exceptions are: certified service dogs or assistance animals.
- The person signing the rental agreement must be on site at all times during the event and is responsible for the conduct of attendees. Renter must have adult chaperones for minors in attendance.
- The premises may only be used for legal purposes.
- If alcoholic beverages are to be served, a liquor permit must be obtained and displayed during the event. Prior to the event a copy of the Liquor Permit must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mailed to: Greater Hansville Community Center, Attn. GHCC Rental, P O Box 133, Hansville, WA 98340. This copy must be received prior to the event. The liquor permit needs to be obtained in advance of the event by contacting the Washington State Liquor Control Board.
- Food handler permits are required for any advertised event that serves food to the public; please contact the Kitsap County Health Department for information, (360) 337-5235. A banquet permit is required for serving food to guests whether paying to attend an event or not. Please contact the Kitsap County Health Department for additional information.
- All of the renter’s food must be removed from the facility at the end of the function. Renters must provide their own consumables (ex. Paper goods and disposable products).
- Any rental that involves collecting a fee, a donation, a commercial venture, a for profit activity or sale of a product or service requires advance approval of the Board.
- The Center may not be rented for political events to support a specific candidate or party.
- A GHCC Checkout Sheet must be completed and signed before leaving. The sheet will be found above the coffee bar in the West and East rooms. Return the completed checklist where you found it. Failure to follow checkout rules and completing the checkout sheet will result in forfeiture of all or part of your damage deposit. Here is a link to the Checkout Sheet.
- Take down of all tables and chairs is the renter’s responsibility. Chairs and tables are to be placed in the storage room in accordance with instructions located in the storage room. Return the room to the state you found it.
- Please be sure that you turn off the interior and exterior lights and heat when you leave the building.
- The building must be cleaned and vacated by 11:00 pm. If additional time is needed, arrangements must be made with the rental coordinator prior to the event. An additional half day fee will apply.
- It is your responsibility to secure the building by checking all exterior doors and windows in both the West and East Room, and verify they are locked.
The Greater Hansville Community Center assumes no responsibility for any property placed in the building by the renter. If the facility should become unavailable for use by the scheduled renter due to any reason beyond GHCC’s control, GHCC shall not be held responsible for any damages or liability beyond the refund of the rental fee and damage deposit.
When you are ready to commit to renting, print ALL 3 pages of the application form found on the rental tab drop down menu, complete it and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form along with the required documentation, deposit and rental fees. Retain a copy of all the pages for your reference.
Thank you for your interest in renting the Greater Hansville Community Center.
Standard Room Layout – West Room.
Leave two 8-foot and two 6-foot tables, set up in a rectangle with 12 chairs, in the middle of the room when your event is over. This and other table configurations ideas for you to use for the set-up of your event are shown on the rental tab drop down menu.