The Greater Hansville Outstanding Organization Award is given to honor an organization whose impact through the years will be recognized and regarded with pride as a role model for the community. The outstanding organization is chosen for their definable, exceptional deeds, which has made the Greater Hansville Community a better place to live.
Greater Hansville is an amazing place to live and much of that is due to the dedicated organizations and their members who have contributed to improving our community. We encourage you to submit a nomination for an organization you feel has contributed to making this a better place to live.
Nominations for the Greater Hansville Outstanding Organization will be accepted until March 1st and must be submitted via a written application form and mailed to the Greater Hansville Community Center P.O. Box 133 Hansville, WA 98340.
Past Outstanding Organization Winners:
- Hansville Grocery
- Hansville Greenway
- Men’s Coffee Klatch
- Hansville Helping Hands (formerly Hansville Ladies Aid)
- DragonFly Farms Nursery
- Buck Lake Native Plant Garden Association
Outstanding Organization Nomination Form
(pdf or doc)
Criteria for Nominations:
- The organization must be part of the Greater Hansville area defined as the area of North Kitsap that lies north of Delaney Rd on the east side of Hansville Rd and north of Little Boston/Cliffside Dr. on the west side of Hansville Rd.
- The organization has clearly enriched life within the Greater Hansville Community.
- The organization has demonstrated exceptional commitment, service, creativity, and commitment to the Greater Hansville Community.
- An organization may also include a for-profit business.
- An organization may only receive the award once. See list of past winners.
- If in any given year, no applications are received or if no outstanding candidate is nominated, the award may be withheld.