At this time, no drop-offs for the Rummage Sale are scheduled because we do not know if we will be able to hold the sale in August. We are also scaling back the sale, eliminating clothing, linens (except area rugs 6’ x 9’ or smaller), cameras, and lamps.
Rummage sale donations are accepted on designated drop-off days at the GHCC annex building. Furniture and other oversize items should be taken to the Norwegian Point Park boathouse on the same drop-off days. We have limited transport resources but if you are unable to deliver large items, pick-ups may be arranged provided items on the ground floor of your home. At this time, no drop-off days are scheduled due to the pandemic.
Electronics: Please note that all computers and other electronic systems to be donated must be less than five years old AND must be in good working condition to be accepted. TVs must be flat screen models.
Appliances: GHCC no longer accepts large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers and dryers, and stoves, ovens, and ranges. We do accept small/countertop appliances in good working order.
Items we CANNOT accept:
- Large desks; Entertainment centers for non-flat screen TVs
- Particle Board or Homemade Furniture
- Bed Frames, Roll-a-way Beds, cribs, or Incomplete Beds
- Box Springs and Mattresses
- Carpet and Padding (area rugs are okay – not larger than 6’ x 9’)
- Linens (towels, bed linens, etc)
- Christmas trees/stands/lights/ornaments
- Printers, VCRs, VHS and Cassette Tapes
- Children’s Car Seats or Booster Seats
- Encyclopedias, Readers Digest Condensed Books, Magazines, or Periodicals
- Tires, Wheels, Tire Chains
- Auto and Marine Batteries
- Charcoal and “Old-hookup” Propane BBQs
- Exercise Equipment
- Non-Durable Medical Goods
- Ironing Boards
- Windows and Doors
- “Leftovers” from estate, moving, and garage sales
- Large sofas (over 6 ft long)
- Wall and ceiling mounted lights; lamps
- Skis, Ski Boots, or Ski Poles
- Luggage without wheels