The Greater Hansville Community Center is currently offering one or more scholarships to selected individuals who wish to pursue continuing education or for job training as a means of improving their opportunity for employment. Selection will be based on: academic history, financial need, letters of recommendation, community involvement and quality of application materials.
Awards will be granted for tuition, books, and fees. Monies will be sent directly to the school of attendance in early September. Any change in the school attended will result in re-evaluation of the scholarship application and monies granted.
To be considered for a scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have a plan for working toward a degree or certification.
- Show good academic standing in high school or in post high school studies.
- Show qualities of character, good citizenship, and self-reliance.
- Be a resident of the Greater Hansville Area defined as the area of North Kitsap that lies north of Delaney Road on the east side of Hansville Road and north of Little Boston/Cliffside Drive on the west side of Hansville Road.
Scholarship Application Process
- Complete the application in its entirety
- Include the following documentation with your signed application:
- Official transcript showing high school courses and grades and any more recent schooling.
- Two original, current letters of recommendation from persons qualified to testify regarding your character, reliability, and citizenship.
- Mail a packet of all materials, postmarked on or before March 15th to: Greater Hansville Scholarship Committee, Greater Hansville Community Center, P.O. Box 133, Hansville, WA 98340
- In the event that an interview is needed, you will be contacted at the phone or e-mail address listed on your application.
Scholarship Award Presentation
Updated Sept 2022
2018 © Greater Hansville Community Center. Crafted with love by SiteOrigin.